Online Invoices for Your Business
Control outgoing and incoming payments with free invoicing software for Payrow clients. Simplify your business process and have fewer admin days.
Customise the Invoices
With Payrow invoicing software, you can edit your invoices information: titles and other columns
Choose Your Pricing Plan
Ideal at the start of your journeyGet started for free
You're growing and we're here to helpGet started for free
More included as standard to fuel your ambitionGet started for free
A truly unique accountGet started for free
What is an online invoice?
An invoice is a document that confirms that goods have been shipped to the customer or services have been rendered and indicates the value of the products. The seller issues an invoice to their customers, requesting payment for the goods or services provided. This document is presented to the buyer either before or after the transaction and creates an obligation for the buyer to pay. Read more in our blog.
What should be included in an online invoice?
You must follow specific requirements when invoicing and taking payment from a customer. Let’s look through these elements:
- A unique identification number – you must assign an invoice number to each invoice to comply with the regulatory requirements. These requirements include a reference number, which is especially useful when discussing payments and sales invoices with accountants.
- Your company’s details – specify your business name, address, and contact information. If you have a limited company or LLP, you should give your registration number and address as Companies House requires. If you are self-employed, you should give your first and last name and the business name under which you operate, if applicable.
- Your customer’s details – specify the company name, contact information, and address of the customer you’re invoicing. In certain situations, it may be beneficial to identify other individuals, such as your contact with the organisation or the person who led your project.
- A clear description of what you’re charging for – state what items were sold and charged for. Include the name of the product or service, quantity (or time for services) and rate (per item or hour).
- The dates – include the date the goods or service were provided (supply date) and the date the invoice was raised.
- The amount being charged – specify the amount(s) that a buyer will pay you (mention all the charges, if there were several) and the total amount owed. If you ship physical products, include the costs you paid for that.
- VAT amount – include the value-added tax, if applicable.
- Payment terms – provide various payment options to your customers, including monthly instalments or discounts (it’s up to you). Include the specific due date for payment according to your requirements and preferences, ranging from immediate payment upon receipt of the invoice to up to 30 days.
How do I create an online invoice?
An invoice is an itemised list showing the goods or services you have provided to your customers, the total amount payable, and how they can pay you for these goods or services. You can easily send an invoice via Payrow.
To send an invoice to your client:
- Click on the “Invoices” tab in the main menu of your Payrow Business account.
- Click the “New Invoice” button at the top of the screen.
- Add or select the customer you need.
- Select the appropriate currency.
- Add the product(s) the invoice relates to and click “Continue”.
How much does it cost to open a Payrow business account?
Our free plan is, of course, free, including the account opening. For other plans and their benefits, please check our pricing page.
In which currencies can I issue invoices?
You can send invoices in the following currencies: GBP, EUR. More questions are here.
How can I provide my customers with invoices?
An invoice is an itemised list that records the products or services you provided to your customers, the total amount due, and a method for them to pay you for those items or services. You can easily send an invoice through the Payrow account.
To send an invoice to your customer:
- Click on the 'Invoices' tab on the main menu in your Payrow Business account
- Click “New Invoice” button on the top of the screen
- Add or select the customer you plan to send money to
- Choose the relevant currency, add the item(s) the billing relates to and click 'continue'
Read more about Payrow Invoices here.